Using concepts from our model we created a simple framework for Critical Thinking
We contrast your everyday automatic thinking with Critical Thinking.
Stronger foundation for decisions
More time on getting clear and less time and rework needed for decisions
We train the attendees in the use of various techniques for Getting Clear, Reaching Conclusions and Making Decisions
Credibility / Consistency
Presenting / Defending
Post course 1:1 mini coaching sessions available for followup and continued assistance
Mulitple curriculums for varied attendees
We also modify the curriculum for the mix of attendees:
• Executives and Business Leaders
• Teams (a Manager and team, or cross functional)
• Supervisors, Managers and Directors
• Individual Contributors
• Mixed class of multiple disciplines and responsibilities
People, Time and Money spent
on the right problem
Clarity of issue and decision to be made
Defendable and Clear Conclusions
Skills to influence and Guide Others
Fewer iterations and redo's
Crisp, Decisive, Defendable Decisions
Faster and Quality
Weaker foundation for decisions
Less time on getting clear and more time and rework needed for decisions
This Results in ...
What's the benefit of Critical Thinking
Attendees learn Pragmatic Critical Thinking Techniques resulting in;
Faster and higher quality decisions that are more likely to be the correct ones.
Superior solutions to problems, goals, and strategies.
Better understanding of the dynamics between different aspects of a business or project
Innovative ideas and solution
Being better equipped to tackle problems and make decisions on a daily basis.
Critical Thinking skills gained can be applied to:
General problem solving and decision making
New product ideas and creation
Short and long term business strategies
Improved development processes and quality
Improved operational efficiency
Revenue generation and cost reduction strategies
Customer care improvement
Contact us for more information or to schedule a Workshop
Advanced Decision Making incorporates a Risk Model
What's unique about our workshop?
This isn't your ordinary "academic" day. It's not just "theory", but pragmatic, proven techniques for solving real world business problems, strategies and challenges.
We customize the workshop to your business, with real examples and exercises that come from interviews with would be attendees. The attendees learn critical thinking AND see it in action with their own day-to-day issues.
Advanced Critical Thinking
For Problem Solving and Decision Making
Duration:1 Day, At customers location
(Download the Workshop Brochure for more details)
This workshop builds on the material from Course #201, "Critical Thinking for Problem Solving and Decision Making", with added content, practice, and case study time to strengthen comprehension. Additional topics include: Influencing and Communicating ideas, Making Fast Decisions, Fuzzy Criteria, Analysis Paralysis, A 11-Point Risk model and template, Advanced Decision Criteria, Preeminent Metrics, and Being a Thinking Coach. The course objectives include:
• Review of the 3 step Critical Thinking Process for solving problems and making decisions
• Advanced "Thinksheet" guides for getting clear, reaching a conclusion and making Decisions.
• Be able to apply critical thinking to decisions that are not black and white
• Think through the risk factors and how they weigh in
• Create an early warning and mitigation plan for risky decisions
• Understand the “soft” factors in decision making
• Make decisions faster and avoid analysis paralysis
• Present, Persuade and Defend decisions
• Help others to make decisions
• Create your next step plan (created in the workshop)
During the class, the attendees will be applying Critical Thinking to their own current business problem. In this way, when they return to their desk, they already know how to proceed.
- Additional tools to ensure Clarity;
-What Else and Anticipatory Thinking
- Create Solutions and the Conclusion Thinksheet
- Credibility and Consistency - Increasing the strength of your premise
- Argument Analysis - Analyze for and against arguments as elements of conclusions
- Presenting your solutions to influence, enroll, and get approval
- Taking action and the Decision Thinksheet
- Risk Criteria - A 11 point Risk model that helps you evaluate the risk, w/exercises
(Downsides,Downside Probability, Upside, Upside Probability, Downside Absorption Capability,
Ignoring Statistical Downside, Controllability, Necessity of Upside, Reversibility,
Mitigation Strategy, Preeminent Metrics)
- Fuzzy Criteria - Criteria of a decision are not all black and white.
- Fast, high confident decisions and avoiding analysis paralysis
- Creating an environment and stimulating creativity and innovation
- Thinking Outside-the-Box - Challenging the Premise (What if?, What other?)
- Abductive Thinking - Thinking beyond your experience
- Impossible Thinking -To generate Breakthrough ideas
Being a Thinking Coach
- Job Description and Rules
- Role Play
- Your plan to implement your learning (for yourself and your team)